- Jaime Arturo Olvera Bravo: Freelance photographer and former correspondent for the daily La Voz de
Michoacán, shot at close range in the neck on March 9, 2006.
- Ramiro Téllez Contreras: Radio reporter in Tamaulipas state, received threats before being shot twice in
the neck, once in the knee on March 10, 2006.
- Enrique Perea Quintanilla: Founder and editor of Dos Caras, Una Verdad, a monthly publication covering
unsolved murders and drug trafficking, dumped on a roadside in Chihuahua on Aug. 9, 2006.
- Brad Will: Cameraman with Indymedia, filming Oaxaca protests when shot on Oct. 27, 2006.
- Misael Tamayo Hernández: Editor of the leading regional daily El Despertar de la Costa, found murdered
in motel room in Guerrero on Nov. 10, 2006.
- José Manuel Sánchez Nava: Former editor of the daily Excelsior and a columnist for the daily El Sol de
México, stabbed to death in his apartment, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Roberto Marcos García: Crime reporter in Veracruz, knocked off his motorcycle and shot several times
after receiving threats, Nov. 22, 2006.
- Adolfo Sánchez Guzmán: Of radio Xhora Ori Stereo 99.3, found shot dead Nov. 30, 2006, in Veracruz two
days after being kidnapped.
- Raúl Marcial Pérez: Editorialist on regional daily El Gráfico in Oaxaca, armed men burst into newspaper office and shot him down on Dec. 8, 2006.
Reporters Without Borders originally had one more journalist on the Mexico list for 2006, then took him off when it was determined that he was killed in a family feud.